Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Recommendations for donating shawl???

Hello peeps!


I finally finished the shawl that I have been working on for several weeks.





This shawl is so soft and warm and I want to find just the right home for it!!  I'm having some trouble deciding where to donate it.  Possibly a nursing home or homeless shelter?  Another thought is to donate it to a flood victim, but I don't know how I would go about getting it to someone. 

Does anyone have any great ideas on where I might donate this shawl?  I would really welcome any thoughts on this!

I am ramping up to start working on little vests and hats again for the children in South Africa with AIDS!   I love working on those darling little hats and it really makes me feel like I'm doing something worthwhile!  If you haven't had a chance to check out the website, please do so when you have a moment.  The pictures of the children are so sweet and it really puts life into perspective when you see how little it takes to make them smile!
(link at the bottom of this post) 




The only hitch with sending items to South Africa is the postage; it's very expensive.  My cousin Michele told me she thought there was a way to request and take donations on Facebook.  She suggested I might be able to get donations to put toward postage.  Hmmm.......  Does anyone know how to do this on FB?  I'm sure there is also a way to do it on my blog, but I am still learning how everything works on this thing!  Below is the link to see pictures and information regarding the children in Africa.

"It is estimated that there are 14.8 million orphans in sub-saharan Africa. 1.9 million live in South Africa."

http://www.knit-a-square.com/

I hope everyone has a really great week!!
With love and fellowship,

Mary Anne

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I have just started making squares for the little kids in South Africa.

    I couldn't think of a better way to have fun with my hobby and help keep little children warm and cosy!

    May I follow you as I do not know anyone else who does this.

    ReplyDelete